Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Improving Your Day With a Little Love

Many of us have lost the art of being grateful, and yet, there is so much for us to be grateful for - no matter what is happening at a specific moment. When we are feeling grateful for what we have, we are happier people.

Now if you are like me and need a nudge in the right direction from time to time, try this exercise. It's something I can do at any time and any place. It helps me when I want to change my focus to a positive outlook - or a higher energy. It's intended to activate the heart chakra and only takes a minute. I like to do it out loud for more punch but it can be done inwardly too.

Close your eyes and think about the things you love and say "I love [insert one person/thing/activity that you love]". Repeat for about 1 minute or until you've named 5 - 10 lovable things. Remember to feel the love for whatever you are voicing and conjure up a picture in your mind.

For me it goes something like ... "I love my daughter" "I love my son" "I love my husband" "I love golfing" "I love good food" "I love to sing"... and on and on.

This little exercise reminds me of the song, "My Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music and always lifts my spirits.

No comments: