Monday, November 9, 2009

Dream Symbols from my Past

I have recurring dreams about my first love. I always recognize this as a dream packed with symbolic meaning because it touches so many emotions. It is important to recognize, when interpreting dream symbols, that this dream isn't about the individual; it's about that part of me that is represented by the individual.

First, I try to identify what the symbolic meaning is. A certain amount of free flow thinking is helpful.

This person represented someone to me who was ambitious, creative, had business smarts, lacked emotional depth and, most-of-all, something I didn't want to let go of. In fact, I was probably scared to let go of this because I had grown an attachment to it. I thought it provided me with some security, but in fact, the relationship was unstable even though it was deeply rooted.

The next step is to look through my current experiences for something that sounds like that.

Currently, I am rediscovering what makes me happy in the form of hobbies and activities. One of my current ideas has been to set up an internet business. When I think about it, it feels similar to my dream emotions. I have deeply rooted feelings about working - such as, running a successful business means that I am happy and successful. In my life, I found that this actually wasn't true for me. Although business success did make me feel important and successful; it never gave me any lasting happiness.

I'll have to keep this in mind when making any decisions about taking on a new business venture. This dream doesn't mean I shouldn't do it. It simply brings to light that I should look closely at my motivation(s) when making any new venture decisions.

No comments: