Sunday, October 18, 2020

Starting My Day Off Right

I start my day off with a cup of coffee.  A large mug with a heathy pour of 2% milk.


When I get up in the morning, I have a little routine that starts my day off right and feeling good.  I put on my housecoat, go to the washroom and head groggily down the stairs and into the kitchen.  I reach for one of my favourite mugs from either the cabinet or the dishwasher and brew a single cup in my coffee maker.


I'm not particular about the brand.  In fact, I'm not sure that I even like coffee all that much.  What I do like is the feeling of wrapping my hands around a warm mug, bringing it up to my waiting lips and slowly sipping at its contents.  The feeling is not complete until I comfortably position myself in my living room, with coffee in hand, so that I can gaze out the sliding doors into the green woods that are at the back of my house.


My husband, who is an early riser, is normally already engaged in activity while I am still wrapping myself up in the quiet comfort of my thoughts.  For me, the feeling is magic.  Taking the time to envision my day.


Life is made up of many little moments.  I am happier when I take the time to drink them in.




No comments: