Friday, March 12, 2010

Phrases I Enjoy ....

I came across two different phrases recently that really hit home with me so I'd like to share them here.

The first is:

Life is moments of discovery - not an exam!

This one is particularly meaningful to me because the focus of one of my recurring nightmares is writing an exam (or being tested in some way).  In these dreams I either don't know where to go to write it, or I've missed it, or I don't know the material being tested. Thinking about life from the view that you must be prepared to be tested sometimes takes all the fun away from the learning process.

The second is:
Never assume that what you know is all there is to know and what you have experienced so far is all there is to experience.

I think of myself as an eternal student, so this phrase just appealed to me.  I hope that I can be open-minded and learning new things right up until the last day I'm alive.

No comments: