Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tip #3 - Be Mindful to What Makes You Feel Happy

I had a wonderful day today.  We are getting close to the Holiday Season and everywhere I turn there are chocolates being offered to me.  What's better than that? :)

Also, I've been spending time with my friends at seasonal events and having great fun just socializing and enjoying the beautiful decor.  All this helps me to feel happy!

So can I use this to keep my spirits up? Sure.

If you know what helps you to feel happy (being mindful of the conditions that exist when you do feel happy), just closing your eyes and imagining or reliving the event in a daydream-like state often can bring a smile to your face and hopefully to your heart.

Just try it.  Start by identifying something that helps you to feel happy or an event where you were happy.  Then, take a quiet moment, close your eyes and using your imagination create a daydream that uplifts your spirit.

Good luck and think happy thoughts - remember, by adding just a little pixie dust you just might be able to fly.

No comments: