Saturday, July 9, 2016

What Makes Your Heart Sing?

In September, I will be starting a monthly series of guided meditation sessions focused on the topic "What Makes Your Heart Sing?".

I thought by writing about the process of developing the content, I would start the flow of ideas.

I picked this topic because I, personally, wanted to explore the things that excite me and to play within that energy stream of emotions and feelings that go along with those thoughts.

Just like the song, "My Favorite Things", from the film, "The Sound of Music" when you purposefully think about the things that make you feel happy, you can uplift your mood.

Sometimes we have to start off with small and simple thoughts like "raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens" to get our momentum of thought and emotions going in the direction of our choosing.

What do you do to change your mood when you are feeling down?

No comments: